Wanna be my cuddle buddy?  

Posted by Plain Jane in , , , , ,

I did it. I joined Skout. How could I not? How could I not take the opportunity to see what it was all about (and lets be honest...mock it)? Surprisingly, I have met a couple people and had decent conversations with them. Like nice, normal conversations. But onto the romance of Skout...I have been keeping a tally of all the locations people have messaged me from and their ages. The youngest is 20, the oldest 47. Quite a few Coloradians (as expected) and other areas include:

Texas, Nebraska, Arizona, West Virgina, Indiana, New Mexico, California, Missouri, Alabama, and  Minnesota...in the US. Outside of the US, Great Britain (4,677 mi), Urla, Turkey (6,230 mi), Tiwain (7,128 mi), Khyber-Pakhtunkwa (7,328 mi), Yanam, India (8,491mi), and Hat Yai, Thailand (8,806 mi). Why? Why would you even message someone so far away? Well, of course I asked someone...lets see, this guy is from... Khyber-Pakhtunkwa...and he says,"your beautiful smile bring me to talk to u. lol I mean i came on skout for soul mat search in west in white race. its my wish and dream...." so, mystery solved. He wants to find his soul mate and he is confident its a white girl who will take a chance on someone 7,000 miles away. Cause that's not at all creepy. He has high hopes, I think.

I've had one risque message to my picture. This isn't a family-rated blog, so on-lookers beware....even I had a jaw dropping moment after reading (although after Romeo the other day, I'm not sure why)...



Why would you say that to a complete stranger? Holy Hell. For background, he is here on a business trip and has a hotel room. He thought I might like to come over for a little tryst. How lovely huh? It gets even better because he messaged me twice, under two different names. He was kind enough to include a picture both times. Seriously. Do you hit on so many women that you can't remember if you talked to one already? I mean, really? And under two different names. That's just creepy.

Someone else messaged me in Spanish.  I am pretty sure it roughly translated into "Hi beautiful girl, how are you?" At least I hope that's what it translated into. My Spanish is rusty (and mostly consists of ingredients at Taco Bell), but it was a simple enough sentence. I think.

Agent Blue got a couple good ones today that are worth a mention:


Um...what?


This one is a keeper. I told Agent Blue to jump on this, but for some reason she deleted it. Huh. Weird.

It's hard to walk away from Skout. It's like looking at a car crash...it's so awful, but you just can't turn away. I find it fascinating. The things guys will say.... just blows my mind sometimes. Here is a thing: I have noticed a BIG trend at Skout (and even the regular dating websites now that I think of it) is that all the guys love cuddling now. I mean, all the profiles say, "I love to cuddle" or some variation of that. A guy on skout asked if I want to be his cuddle buddy....

You need a cuddle buddy?
lol. Is that like FWB only the benefits are cuddling?
Lol. Bingo. Ha ha.
Lol. That's what you are looking for on here. Cuddles?
Love a good cuddle and the warmth of a beautiful woman's body pressed tight up against mine. At 6'4 I make a great big spoon. lol.

Well, that's good to know. I'll make sure to file that away under "useless information guys say thinking it is smooth." Another guy asked me if I am a cuddler. Lol. That was his great opening line: "Are you a cuddler." He is from California, so unless we share a really big bed, that's just not going to work. Although he is also tall. And he was sure to mention that too. 6'5. So, sorry to 6'4...you were just beat out. I am only going for the really tall guys now.

I also got asked out on a date within 5 minutes of starting a conversation. That's a record for me. And considering this guy said, "Its nice to actually get a response" I am guessing he doesn't do so well with the ladies. Perhaps a little over eager.

Yes, it's all about the conversation here on Skout. I've called quite a few people out tonight:

"hello honey girl. Looking serious relationship.
And how does that work when you are six thousand miles away?
But I like you. 
You don't even know me. Liking me is impossible... very awkward silence...and no response).

At least it is entertaining. But by no means a viable option for actual dating. Maybe hooking up. Which seems wholly stupid of people to do. Just offer themselves so freely. I mean, this is a serial killer's paradise. Why don't you just stick the knife in yourself and call it a day? Sheesh.

Try as I might, I will never understand the Skout world. But it was an interesting experiment to say the least. Don't worry. It's not over. I am sure someone will send a gem of a message to either me or Agent Blue. And then we will pass it along to you.

Until then,
-PJ

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at Thursday, May 14, 2015 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment