For a good time call....  

Posted by Plain Jane in , , , ,

I got a lot of response from my last blog. Most had the same reaction I did. One of my favorite people for challenging me with the exact opposite opinion of what I believe suggested I get onto more serious dating websites. I see his point. For the record, I am on Match and I just signed up for eharmony. So, we'll see. It'll be interesting to compare the three.

After Romeo contacted me for a good time with lots of gentle, intimate conversation, for fun I went to Craigslist and looked in the casual encounter ads. What else is out there? Well, let me tell you (so you don't have to go experience it for yourself. Ever.). There are some normal ones, you know, some variation of "for a good time call..." And then there are the...more risque ones. A lot of ads for BJs, which I never thought would be the case. And mostly they were like: "We meet, go to my car, you give me a BJ and then walk away. Forever." Some guy described a whole scene in his. It sounded like a poorly written romance novel. Another was an exhibitionist who said he'd open the door naked. Yeesh. And then there were the ones with pictures. Oh. My. God. Why would you ever post a picture of any private body part just open for the WHOLE WORLD to see? Don't you know once it's out there on the Internet it is out there forever??? Interestingly enough (for those of you who appreciate statistics): the most posts were M4M (male for male), there were more F4M than I expected and ALL of the ads w/pictures were from males (sexual preference did not seem to matter) . That last one doesn't surprise me at all. The lingo is interesting too. It's very obvious who is new to posting on CL and who has been at it a while. It's like a whole culture. I feel like its the new way to pimp yourself out. I wonder if the prostitution trade has been affected - after all, why pay someone when people are really willing to just give it away for free?  And I mean really willing. There were a lot of married people asking for casual flings, which I find disgusting. I mean, you're single and want a no strings attached relationship encounter, fine. But when you are married, that is just not okay. There were a lot of FWB ads....of course, its not so really much friends with benefits as it is strangers with benefits....

Ahem.

A friend of mine is in the dating scene too. To protect her identity (as I always strive to do), we'll call her Agent Blue (her code-name choice, lol). Agent Blue was telling me about this app called "Skout" Its a dating app that finds people with in a certain mile radius as you and then you can connect via instant message (or they can send you a virtual gift, which is...weird). Although, Agent Blue tells me it is really international and she has received messages from over 3,000 miles away. Yes, because I want to engage in a relationship with some guy from another country. That makes a whole lot of sense. Apparently it has been around since 2007, but when I mentioned I'd never heard of it, Agent Blue said, "that's because it's nothing special. I don't even take it seriously." And how could she? With messages like this:



And in case you are wondering, that fuzzy picture is him, sending a picture of himself with his shirt off. Classy. Based on his looks, I'd 7.) Run away. Now, why wasn't that an option? I guess this guy has a lot of confidence in himself, though, according to Agent Blue, he wasn't even good looking ("He was like, anorexic"). Still better is the foot fetish guy:


Now come on. Really? I can think of a hundred different ways to introduce to someone that you have a foot fetish. All of them less creepy than this. But putting that aside, you are supposed to be IMPRESSING someone. So at the very least take out, "but no one understands me." and definitely leave out, "I know you will not answer and understand but please help me. im cute i swear. Help me? Why is he asking for help??? And really? 'Im cute, I swear.' With this message "cute" just isn't going to help you. I don't even think "smokin hot" would do the trick.

I think my favorite (though that last one was hard to top) is this one:


Oh, why? Why, why. why, why?  Agent Blue was nice enough to just not respond. Now, had it been me, I would have probably responded just to see where this went. A social experiment of sorts. "I just want to talk dirty...." really? Ah, well, it would make for an interesting blog anyway.

I'm considering getting an account. Not for serious reasons, because no. But, you know, just to see what I find. Agent Blue will contribute some more as she gets them. She has even mentioned a few dating stories that might get shared too. They sound like gems.


OLD just keeps getting better and better.

PJ












This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at Tuesday, May 12, 2015 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment