The WTF edition  

Posted by Plain Jane in , , ,

It's funny. Everyone who reads my blog and makes a comment to me usually says the same things:

- "WTF????"
- "I don't know how you do it?"
- "Do people really say that stuff?"
- "They can't think that actually works, right?"
- "WTF!!!!!!!!"

It's alarming that people say such incredibly moronic things and expect to get anywhere, but I promise you, they do say it. Do they think their charming messages work? I cannot say for sure, but I suspect they do. I cannot imagine they would say this shit otherwise, but then again, what do I know? I still believe in romance and the novel idea of being respectful and appropriate towards others.

"Hey hey yes I'm looking for purdy girls @ 1:27..." [You know, I don't even care if it's 1:27am.... I do care that you are looking for "purdy" girls. How hard is it to spell out pretty? It's 6 letters as opposed to 5 and you sound moronic saying it like that. Like maybe you don't know the English language. Or like you are a moron. Either way, not a great selling point for dating you.]

My amusement continues with his profile because he lists one of his "turn offs" as "Grammar correction." Perhaps if you don't want to be corrected on your grammar, you should stop using words like "purdy" and not using commas and periods. I am just saying.

 [I don't really have a witty comeback for this one. It didn't leave me speechless or anything. I am curious whether women actually believe this crap he is peddling and talk to him. Seriously? I'm so cute you want to marry me? Yeah, cause that could never go wrong.]

 [I don't even have words. Except WTF? Poor Agent Blue, she keeps getting these wonderful men wanting to wine and dine her.]


On another WTF note.... remember that guy from THIS blog? Yeah, he wrote me again...
"I take your silence as not being interested, which is fair enough. Write me if you reconsider."

No way I can leave this alone. You really thought a follow-up was necessary?
"Actually my silence is shock that you saw my profile and thought we'd mesh at all. I appreciate the interest, but I'm respectfully declining." 

I did not say any of what I would have had I responded a couple weeks ago. Heck, I didn't even say what I wanted to say now. Which is along the lines of WTF? I figure I need to rack up all the good OLD karma dating points I can in order to survive this mess with any sort of optimism about men and dating.

But seriously, WTF?

-PJ


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at Wednesday, May 27, 2015 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment