R.E.S.P.E.C.T. that's not what you gave to me.  

Posted by Plain Jane in

Well today's blog was going to be about messaging in a good way...I have a couple of doozies to share with you too, which I was going to delete, but then decided to save so I could share them with you. :-) If I have time I'll write on that subject (though it just might have to wait - dont want to rush a good thing you know).

Today's story is about Jared "Just Kickin' It." Yes, I know what you are thinking, in my blog from last week I kicked him to the curb. But he made a return visit yesterday morning.

So he text messages me late on Saturday night. "Hey Jane." I don't answer because I'm sleeping. I do see the message on my phone the next morning so I text this unknown number back and ask who it is. And he replies, "It's Jared from the dating website." Oh. Great. Him again.

So let me stop you here. Because there is something fishy going on. I mean, when we started this whole shindig he had one number. The zip code was not a local number, but one from a bigger city north of here (but he lives to the south). His second number (changed thanksgiving weekend) was also from that same northern area....and his THIRD number (changed...well, it would have had to be last thursday or friday) was a local one. Am I the only one who thinks its creepy that he has changed numbers twice in less than a month AND they bounce around from city to city? Well, I think its creepy. :-P

So anyway, new number....so I ask him the most important question. Uh, what happened to friday night? (And to be honest, I am hoping for a straight-up 'oh my god Im so sorry, I got ran over by a bus or my grandma died' story.) You know what I got? "I worked, sorry. are you working today?" You worked? You worked? Our plans were for 8PM....you are a roofer. The sort of job that isn't done AT NIGHT. And let's move on to the 'sorry.' You blow me off with no phone call or communication whatsoever and all I get is a one-word apology? How about "I am so sorry Jane, my car ran out of gas in the middle of no-where and my phone died, (and of course I had no computer) and had to walk 30 miles before some random semi picked me up (his name was bubba and he kept giving me creepy 'how you doin'? looks') and drove me to a gas station. But by that time it was midnight (cause I had to walk those 30 long miles - oh, in flip-flops, when it was freezing cold outside)...and even then the reason I didnt call you for an entire week after was because Bubba took me on a little road trip" I mean you are obviously lying about working that night...might as well make the apology you probably dont really mean a creative one.

So lets move on to the last part. "Are you working today?" We all know what this implies....that he wants to hang out with me. Really? Seriously? You make plans with me, blow me off and then think I'll actually want to hang out with you. Really?

So instead of answering his question about if I was working I say, "you couldnt text me and let me know?" and he said "I misplaced your number." Huh. You missed placed my number. I dont believe this, especially since its not like it just disappeared when he got a new number & phone. I mean sure, he'd have to grab it off the old phone if he didnt transfer the numbers, but its not like the old phone self-distructed. Besides, he hasnt exactly given me reason to trust him that he was telling the truth....

So Jared misplaces my number. Oh, and apparently for an entire week afterward he forgets that I have email that he's talked to me through before. So no message that way either, you know, explaining to me about Bubba and the interesting road trip.

Alright, so he again asks if I am free that morning. But I igonore him again basically tell him that I am big on good communication and its clear he isn't, so I dont think its going to work out. To me, thats straight forward and simple : We are through.

But no. Not for "Just Kickin It" He text me back saying "I said I'm sorry." Which I heard this weekend from the 5 year old I baby-sat. And the five year old said it in that bad attitude tone....and thats how jared's message read. And then he said, "let me make it up to you - are you free today?" I almost asked how he was going to make it up to me. Chocolates? Roses? A expensive dinner? Seranade me? How does one make up for being completely rude to someone and not respecting them? So I say (for what I hope will be a final time) "I am not free, but I dont think it's gonna work anyhow. Sorry." And just when I think the conversation is over (because to me that was VERY clear)

"Don't be upset (not really upset, more annoyed). It will work out (it really wont - you were practice anyway). I made a mistake (yeah, you really did. lesson learned, I hope). Please forgive me (no. just no.)" And if it wasn't enough that he blew me off, didnt talk (or apologize) to me for an entire week, gave a weak, half-ass apology for it much too late...now he reaks of desperation. Wow. What a catch.

So what was my reply? "I need someone who can respect me and my time and you've already shown me you can do neither."

Well, he didnt write back, so...messaged recieved. Thank God.

So thus ends the tale of Jared "Just Kickin' It" (really this time).

I will write my next blog about messages a little later, so stay tuned :-)

-PJ

This entry was posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 at Monday, December 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment