lesson # 341: Conversation.  

Posted by Plain Jane

I am convinced when a guy says that he really looks forward to chatting and for us to get to know each other, what he really means is that he is looking forward to getting to talk about himself for an entire night. Case and point...the guy I am currently IM'ing (as we speak) is devilish hard to have a conversation with. I mean, if we aren't talking about him, we aren't talking. If I don't ask him a question about himself 10 minutes can go by without chatter. But he was so incredibly interested in getting to know me. Hmmm... this isn't the first guy to do this either. Is this a male trait I am just not aware of? A complete inability to ask a girl questions about her life, but a complete ability to talk about himself for long periods of time? I mean, I know its in my nature to ask questions, I've always been a curious girl that asks more questions than I answer...but come on...when 10 minutes can go by, this is no longer about my curious nature and more about his narcissism.

I am officially opting out of one of my matches: Chatterbox, as I have officially named him. He and I couldn't get past one sentence emails and though mine always included a question, his did not. I don't mind working a little to get a conversation going, but seriously. It was painful. So, bye, bye chatterbox.

And while we are on the subject of conversation....my least favorite phrase in the history of online dating is "tell me about yourself." Ugh. What exactly am I going to say? "Hi, my name is PJ, I'm a Gemini and I like long walks on the beach at sunset?"(And yes, I did email that to someone, if your curious). I mean really? Ask me a question and I'll answer it...but don't leave it so open ended! Ah, that's just a pet-peeve I suppose.

Alright, clearly I'm in a little bit of a ranting mood tonight. This guy I am IM'ing is just boring me to tears. Luckily Tebow and I are txting...he is funny at least.

Until next time,
-PJ

This entry was posted on Monday, January 03, 2011 at Monday, January 03, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment