[crickets chirping]  

Posted by Plain Jane

My continued frustration with OLD is the whole communication thing. I mean I don't know how hard it is to have a reciprocal conversation with someone, but apparently it is a real issue for men.

Case and point.

This guy started messaging me - his first message was "hi," which you all know I hate, but I looked past that and said hello back. So we exchange a few emails...but the conversation comes to a screeching halt when...well, here is the convo:

"hi :)

hello :-)
how are you?


pretty good how bout yourself? my name is xxx

I am doing well myself, thank you. My name is xxx :-)

nice to meet u :)...u like reggae huh? u like Pepper?

No, I don't actually like reggae. I said I could exclude them in the list of music I liked. Are you a reggae fan?

just Sublime and Pepper

I have a few songs of each on my IPOD, but overall I am not a huge fan of the genre. What other music do you listen to?

im a electronica dj, and anythig but emo, and metal. oh and that auto tune crap like akon.:

[crickets chirping] and thats it. How do I even reply to that? How hard is it to ask a follow up? How about "what music do you listen to?" Or pick another topic! Anything! Please don't make me carry the conversation - because I could answer this with something like, "that's cool, do you like being a DJ?" or maybe comment on electronica (though I don't know what that is), but really...I don't want to be the only one talking!

I read once (and have heard many times) that if a guy is interested, he wants to get to know you. I guess this means that all these guys messaging me aren't actually interested. Or maybe they are all really crappy at communication. Even the dates I have been on in the past year have been more one sided. Gotham City barely asked me anything about myself (if I didn't ask a question, it was radio silence). Even Sexy Pants was like that a little. What is the deal? Anyone have the foggiest idea?

And don't even get me started on IM guy, who does not seem able to about anything other than himself. I mean it. It was like the most painful thing. I wish I had some of the IM's saved - just to show you I am not making things up - there was no reciprocation. None. Ugh.

And these are only a few of the many males whom I have had this problem with *sigh*

Okay, I was ranting. Obviously this lack of communication really bothers me. I think back to that one guy (what did I call him? hmmm). He really had the best emails. There were answers and questions and it was honestly easy to talk with him. Too bad it didn't work out. Of course even my guy friends seem to have issues with being reciprocal. So maybe it is a gender thing? Or a me thing. Who knows. But its annoying. Okay, now I am done. I wish I had some stuff to throw on the mocking block, but its been a relatively slow week.

-PJ

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at Tuesday, January 25, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment