Take a hint  

Posted by Plain Jane in , ,

It turns out that guys in Hawaii and exactly like the guys who message me in Colorado. Last week I spent a few glorious days on the big island and while I was there, my intention was to not get on Skout at all - take a vacation from all dating-related things. But since I have someone that I talk to frequently on there and I was sharing pictures of my adventures, I stayed logged in. Not sure that was smart. Originally, I was going to do a blog entirely dedicated to Hawaii...but then I noticed this pattern that started to emerge in HI and then followed me back to CO. If someone messages me and I don't either message them back or block their name, they keep messaging me. I guess my hint of showing my disinterest by ignoring them is too subtle. Who knew?

Guy 1

"What's up?" [6/9, 8:54pm]
"What's up?" [6/11, 6:11am]

Guy 2
"What's up?" [6/11, 8:31pm]
"What's up? Wow" [6/13, 1:52pm]


Guy 3
"Hi "              [6/13, 1:59pm]
"What's up?" [6/14, 2:32am]

The above were the least of the ridiculousness. Oh, just wait...

 [I almost wrote back no....]



 [It's hard to read, so let me just tell you he messaged me 6/12, 6/14, 6/15 and 6/16 Really? Take a hint buddy.]


 [Yes, I am shy. That's it.]


 [Am I behaving myself? I won't even comment on the rest.]

 [And the sad thing is, he is just hitting the "wink" button, over and over, and over. LAZY.]

 [*sigh*]


 [If I didn't answer the first time, assume the answer is a solid No. Don't wait 3 days and try again.]

 [I didn't answer the first time...clearly you should message me again and send another photo.]



 [This is getting creepy.]


 ["You don't like to talk to me..." If it's that obvious, why on Earth would you say "Hi" 2 days later?]


As if those weren't enough (and they so are), here is a list of initial messages I have gotten within the past month...if it's on this list, it has been said to me at least twice (either directly as I've quoted it, or some very similar variation].

"Hi [sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, doll, cutie]"
"your super cute" 
"I have to say, you're very beautiful."
"Hey. :-) How are you?"
"Pretty"
"You are very pretty. u have a gorgeous smile."
"Looking good ;-)"
"Hi"
"Hey wanna chat?"
"chat?"
"beautiful smile"
"Like your curves"
"Really nice smile. would love to chat."
"Hi sunny girl" [my sn has sunshine in it]

Oh, before I forget, I've reached a new age record.....the youngest guy to message me is (still) 20. 
And the oldest guy to contact me is now 48. His great opening line was, "Pretty."
I guess age knows no bounds when it comes to being unoriginal.

-PJ

This entry was posted on Monday, June 22, 2015 at Monday, June 22, 2015 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment