The Speedy Response  

Posted by Plain Jane in ,

I will preface this blog by saying this: I will be the first to admit that I can be an intense person. I've always been told that and sometimes I see it in my actions playing out in the worst ways. I have been rejected a million times over, both online and in the real world, so I am fairly forgiving of others when it comes to intensity and the fear of taking risks/rejection.


That being said....

Holy hell. 

Okay, okay. let me start at the beginning. First of all, I have never, in all my years of OLD, been inundated with messages. Not when I first started, not when I changed sites...never. Except that this time, I have been. Do you know how hard it is to have 9 different conversations, remember unique facts about each person and not repeat your own information all at the same time? Because I do. I think the difference this time around is my profile. It is very short and sweet. I sound like a catch. I mean, I totally am one, but my profile actually reflects that now in a way it didn't before. So the reintroduction to OLD has been a little overwhelming; I've never been a social butterfly. I am trying my best to answer every message, even if I don't think it's a match because that is the polite thing to do and its nice for people to know, ya know?

So anyway, I was talking to this one guy, who I will refer to as the Jerk. It started out well enough; the usual niceties were exchanged. It because increasingly obvious that this guy was not for me when he began being self-depreciating and shared he basically had no real goals in life and was only working towards his current degree because his aunt did it and made a lot of money. Awesome. Way to sell yourself to a potential love interest. So, this ambitionless, pessimist asks me if I want to go out sometime. I didn't answer him. Not because I was ignoring him, but because I got busy and didn't check my messages for like an entire day. But not even a few hours later he writes, "Guess that's a no. Ok." I did see that message. And my intention was to write him and tell him I wasn't interested, but before I had the chance, he wrote me again. One word. "Cunt."  WTF???? 

Really? I mean, really? Because I didn't write you back right away? I mean seriously. I have a life. So I wrote him back, explained why I had not written him yet and then told him that after his nice, touching email, I was definitely not interested. Then I reported him to the administrator as being offensive and now he is blocked from ever talking to me again. Jerk. I can see why he is single.

But that's not all folks. No. There is another guy...let's call him Car Guy. So, we started talking on Monday. Things were going pretty well. He is a nice enough guy, I think. We started texting offline and that's when things got...well...weird. Weird how, you may ask? Well, first of all, the emoticons were all hearts and kisses and smiley faces with heart eyes, etc, etc. I find that weird. Perhaps that is no big deal on it's own. I mean, it's a little soon to be giving me hearts and kisses when I've known you for about 12 hours, but I could see past that....like I said, I'm pretty forgiving of such behavior. And several of his texts were all variations of "I really like you," which I also find weird because he doesn't know me. Really. We haven't really had any personal conversations. I could be a horrible person for all he knows. . Say you are interested in getting to know me, think I'm attractive, want to meet me...all those things, I think, are perfectly acceptable. But, "I really like you?" A bit soon. But what truly did it for me was when I didn't text him back for awhile (for the record I was working, then on-call, then sleeping). 

6:22pm: Hehe okay.
6:22pm: Hug
6:38pm: Heart (emoticon)
7:16pm: Text me when ur not busy.
8:19pm: Winking Smiley Face emoticon
7:25am: Hi [PJ]
7:47am: Did I say something? Sad face emoticon.

At this point I had not even known Car Guy 24 hours yet. Considering that I have also been talking to a few other guys via text and none of them went text crazy when I didn't respond for awhile, it just makes Car Guy look a little.....intense. I just get a vibe from him and my gut tells me I should cut bait and run. But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not really a creepy guy who has 'potential stalker' written all over him. So, we'll see.

Ah, well. I think the main lesson here is that people need to chill out. I never freak out when people don't text me back or message me right away. You know why? Cause I assume they have a life. And if it is the case that they don't want to talk to me, then why am I wasting my time on them? Going all crazy with the texting is not going to help the situation. It's just going to make me look crazy and probably lessen my chances even more. I'm just saying.


On another note, I did receive a message from a guy who said he was in an open relationship and looking for someone hot to have hot sex with. No, no joke. He really said that. His profile pictures were of his abs (no shirt & probably not even his) and his crotch (he had pants on, thank God). I guess I should be flattered that he considered me hot? I think? 

Well, at least I'm never bored in OLD.


-PJ





This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at Wednesday, April 22, 2015 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment