R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - It's just not in the cards for me  

Posted by Plain Jane in , , , , , , , , , , , ,

There is this genuinely good guy I've wanted to date for four years (He is known, in some circles, as the Greek God; you know I like a good nickname). Ironically, I met him on Skout. You'll understand the irony once you read further...excerpts from a "reputable" dating website I have been on these days. If you look back at my previous entries, you'll note Skout has been one of those creepy dating apps with dick pics and dying declarations of love. However, these days, it's Plenty of Fish that's making me regret considering the male species suitable for a love connection. Or hell, a human connection.

It's all about the sex, it seems. Not that this is news on an online dating site, it just seems to be nothing but these days. I swear every guy has wanted to see five pictures, in addition to the 6 they already get to see on my profile. My hips, butt (uh..."booty"), and me in underwear are the most popular. And the second I say no, it's some lame excuse and then they are never heard from again. The same is true of guys who have told me they want me to come over and cuddle and "watch a movie." How stupid do I look? So I suggest a first date of dinner or drinks first (its that whole safety and getting to know someone first thing). "Oh yeah, well we could totally do dinner first. I am just super busy with work, so I might not be able to for a while..." Oh yeah, but when sex was involved it was like, "anytime works for me babe." Yeah. Real subtle.

Of course I still get the weird ones:

 
(he never did answer)



And the 'oh so obvious' nonchalant attempts...
(I got the shtick after the second question; these are the questions for the perfect date. With sex. He never replied

And then the worst of the worst. This one actually had me speechless. He was just being....cruel for the sake of being cruel.

Yeah. Just yeah.


Oh, and of course, to nicely round of my day...
 .... to which I responded with something like, "do women really response to that?" His response? Like what? and so.... So before I can even see the message, come up with a good retort, the inevitable dick pic request comes. The next message I didn't take a screen shot of because I said, "no, I am not interested." And like any reasonable person, I thought that was enough. But no....two days ago he messages again and says.....
 


Unfortunately for me, knowing The Greek God and knowing the handful of guys that I do (both online and IRL), I know that there are good men out there. Kind, caring, compassionate decent, likeable. And I am not saying sex isn't on their mind, but its not the first thing and it isn't so....blatant. I am not quite sure why they are hiding from me. Why these jackasses keep finding me. It's like some hellish version of hide and seek. This reality tears me in two....between wanting to date because there is actually a chance I'll find someone at some point....and not wanting to date because...well, because men.


Fun times.
-PJ
(@plainjanedating on twitter)


P.S. for fun, this was the best profile picture of the week. I just don't understand people (which is saying something considering the field I am in).


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at Wednesday, January 30, 2019 and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment