21st century  

Posted by Plain Jane

I just got on plentyoffish for the first time in awhile and noticed this under my matches section (notice the bold)

"The average person on this site has about 1000 people they could date with in a reasonable distance. To make your search easier on this page we only show you men whose income is equal to yours or higher (In only 5% of relationships is a woman's income significantly higher than a mans). "

Hmmm. My initial thought is if a man can't handle that I make more than him....he has issues. Seriously. It's the 21st century.

Maybe that's too feminist of me (but I mean really? really?)...what if I want to date an artist (yes - i'm using a stereo type to prove my point), who probably makes next to nothing, where as I make...well, a little more than next to nothing. This stupid statistic (and therefor matchmaking filter) means I'd never find him as a match. Well, that seems rather stupid.

Dislike POF. Dislike.

-PJ

p.s. the same guy has messaged me 4 times on okcupid..... I'll post his messages later - but seriously. take a hint!

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 at Sunday, August 01, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment